With the momentum back, I moved to the next step I could make progress on which was the leading edge assembly. This required a bit of tool creation. Read until the end for a fun test fit of the complete left outboard wing section!
Today I was able to spend some unexpected time trying to wrap up the wing skeleton. With a big vacation week away coming up, I wanted to make sure I got to a nice finishing point before heading out. See how me and the boys fared today.
Big milestone session today where a set of spars came off my wall storage and will never go back there….because we permanently turned it into a wing skeleton! See how it went in this 5th wing skeleton build session.
What a fun, exhausting, long and super productive day it was. Starting super early, and going until late into the evening, with help from Sam and others, we got the wing ribs primed and ready for final assembly!